The mission of the Deep River and Area Horticultural Society is to promote horticulture using members’ existing expertise, informing the public, pursuing the beautification of the area through volunteer efforts, maintaining membership in agencies that promote gardening, and raising funds to execute projects in support of this mission.
The Deep River and Area Horticultural Society is one of over 250 societies in Ontario that are part of the Ontario Horticultural Association (the OHA). Together we are Keeping Ontario Beautiful. Formed in 1947, and celebrating our status as Deep River’s oldest long-standing organization, the goals of our community-building society are to encourage interest and improvement in the practice of horticulture by:
- Organizing social events, including monthly meetings
- Providing information and exchanging gardening ideas
- Encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers
- Promoting beautification projects
- Organizing horticultural exhibits, competitions, and field trips
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, and flowers among our members
- Distributing information and communicating with the public.
We welcome membership by everyone from the novice to the avid gardener. If you enjoy a love of gardens, the outdoors, and the society of like-minded people, you will find something or someone of interest at our monthly meetings and activities.
Please join us! Adult memberships are $15, family $25 and youth $5 per year.